Friday, December 21, 2007

We are Celebrating Jesus' Birthday Party :)

We watched The Nativity Story with our children tonight. I thought it was done really well and we all enjoyed it. In the beginning the kids weren't overly thrilled w/ my movie choice, but after explaining to them that this is the TRUE meaning of Christmas and that there would be no presents for them if they didn't watch what we are really celebrating, they changed their tune. ;) And, they really liked it. There are many things that I had to explain to them like the killing of all the babies under the age of two, why the people were looking down on Mary and Joseph b/c she was pregnant while they were to wait a year as she still lived at home even though they were considered husband and wife, fast forwarding the births of John and Jesus, the fact that in the end Joseph didn't take Mary and Jesus to Ebay, but to Egypt :), and why the angels had no wings (took a while to let go of that one). But, the things I really loved explaining were the prophecies that came forth years before to tell of a Savior. Seeing the wise men follow a star that they knew was going to lead them to a king greater than they. To hear the words...
"The mightest of kings born in the humblest of places."

The fact that my Jesus did that for me!

Seeing that little baby in Mary's arms~ my Savior.

Seeing the shepherd's come bow down to their new king.

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! I just love all the music... Silent Night, Away in a Manger, O Holy Night. It all depicts so wonderfully the fact that My Jesus came to Earth for me...

For You!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

I pray you will be filled w/ such joy and peace as we celebrate His love for us this Christmas season because He came to Earth in the humblest of births for YOU.

GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We really enjoy movie, too! I think one of my favorite scenes is when Mary and Joseph are walking through the busy market area and there is someone in the street is prophesying his coming. chills.

Lisa Bolling said...

I'm a little late reading your Christmas blog - but I'm glad I stopped by. I haven't seen that movie but it's on my list of "must see" movies.
I hope you have a wonderful 2008.

Blessings,
Lisa