Monday, July 9, 2007

Eight Random Facts Meme

A. Each player lists eight facts/habits about themselves
B. The rules are posted at the beginning of the game before those facts/habits are listed.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Thanks Joy! Now I, like you, have to figure out if I have 8 facts about myself. I have been thinking about it throughout the day. HMMMMMM. These won't be in any order of importance.

1. I had all four of my children at home with a midwife. They were each amazing experiences! My first delievery was the longest... 6 hrs. It went really well- not that it wasn't painful. My second delivery lasted all of 1 hr. and 13 min. My midwife didn't make it and we ended up delivering the baby all on our own. That was totally my favorite experience. My third delivery was only 1 hr. That was really great! The midwife knew enough this time to leave the moment I called her with my first contraction. My last delievery was slightly longer. He was postierier (SP) so even though the labor didn't last long, I had to push for 50 min. and my butt still isn't the same! But I loved having them all at home. It was AWESOME!
2. I ran track in highschool. The 440, 880, mile, mile relay, high jump, and various other relays. I was even 2nd in County in the 880. I was beat out right at the end- ugh. But, I got to stand on the podium and that was great!
3. I have met some famous people well, kindof. The first is Roy Orbison Jr. He took me out to eat my first thai food. Then he took my sis and I out to walk around Hollywood. We even spent Christmas w/ him and his family. His dad, who sang Pretty Woman, had already passed away. His Grammy was on the mantle. And, Paul McCartney was supposed to stop by to say hello, but he didn't. Herman Moore, a football player, goes to my church. I talk w/ his wife more than I do him, but he is really nice when I do. I almost touched the hand of Donnie Whalberg at a New Kids concert when we rushed the stage!
4. I love to read! I wish I had more time. I totally treasure the time I have to go to the bathroom either #1 or #2 b/c I will bring my book in there and sneak away for a little while. The bad part is that I have to finish the book and FAST! I read huge books in only a couple of days b/c I have to know what happens. Therefore, I don't read as often as I would like b/c house work doesn't get done & kids don't get played w/ as much, b/c I am always in the bathroom! :) That leads me to #5...
5. I normally read the last page or so of a book before I begin or some time while I am reading it. I know, I know, but I just have to see some persons name in the back pages to at least know that that person did survive.
6. If I could have a camera attached to my head I would. I love taking pictures. I bring my camera most places b/c I want to capture those moments. I think it would be really cool to be a person who goes to a party or event and stands in the corner to capture people unnoticed w/ real expressions. I also scrapbook my pictures. What a great hobby.
7. Hello, my name is Heather and I am a messy. There are two types of people- messies and cleanies. I am a messy striving to be a cleany while looking around as I am typing at my totally messy basement. I wouldn't say my husband is a cleany himself, but it's a huge need of his to have a clean house, so I better finish #8 and quickly.
8. I want to act. One day I hope to be in a movie or even on stage. I think a movie more. I took acting in college and I loved it. Not so much for the fame, but the joy in it and maybe even sharing the love of Jesus with those I worked with.

I am going to stop at 8 b/c I am supposed to, but now that I am on a roll, I enjoyed that and could think of more. I have no one to tag this to b/c I have only just begun blogging and don't know anyone else. Thanks Joy for tagging me. :)

2 comments:

Chaotic Joy said...

Hey, waddayaknow, I actually learned some stuff here. I did not know you were such a fabulous track star in highschool, and how funny that you read the last page first. I hate to have any kind of idea what's going to happen.

I love the picture of you by the way. It makes me smile each time I click on your page. It's just so you. And I swear you haven't changed a bit in the last 13 years.

Lisa Spence said...

Hi Heather!
Welcome to the big blog world! Thanks so much for your kind words of encouragement on my site. I look forward to more great blog conversation!
Blessings,
Lisa