Friday, April 29, 2011

Decide. Commit. Succeed!

I have recently become a Rep. for Beachbody! I love the company. I love the products. I love the way I feel after I have used them. But, I really love their statement. Decide. Commit. Succeed!

Decide~ period!

Decisions are all over the place~ what to have for all of our meals. When to run our errands. When to workout. When to spend time with the Lord. Sometimes the decisions are painful~ what flight to take to make sure I make it to FL before my mom passes away. A phone call to make a confrontation you are dreading. There was a time in my life that I had to make a decision about my health. I have four children. After the first three, I lost all of my weight fairly quickly. Man~ that was fabulous! After my fourth child, I didn't! Could it have been that I was in my 30s? Could it have been that I didn't consistently workout during my pregnancy? Or, could it have been that I hated the thought of eating salad/veggies my entire pregnancy and only wanted to eat ice cream, jelly beans, etc? Not sure! ;) I got to a point where I just thought~ this is how I am going to look for the rest of my life. Was I happy about that~ NO!!! But I had not made a decision to make any change in my life. I was up one morning and saw an infomercial for Turbo Jam. I watched the infomercial for a number of days before I made the decision to buy it and dedicate my time to actually working out and eating healthier.

Commit~ period!

Once I made the decision to buy my new workout, I had to decide to commit to it. I had to put in the time and energy it would take to follow the meal plan, and kick my butt in the exercises. I had to commit to not eating things that were unhealthy for me. I often asked myself~ "IIWI" (Is It Worth It?) Is this piece of pizza worth the extra calories and workout I am going to have to do~ sometimes it was a "no" & sometimes it was a "yes!" :)

Succeed~ exclamation point! :)

The decision paid off! The commitment paid off! In 10 days I had lost 8 pounds!!! It was such an amazing feeling to know that I felt better, looked better and was happier!

I think that "Decide. Commit. Succeed." applies to all areas of our lives. Decide to wake up in the morning and spend your first moments with the Lord in prayer and reflection about the day ahead, committing to Him and allowing the Holy Spirit to guide you. Decide to eat healthy and workout. Decide to spend more time with your family and love on 'em. When you ask yourself "IIWI"~ I would venture to say YES!!!! Yes, my friends, it is. :)

No comments: