Monday, April 11, 2011

"I Surrender All... I Surrender All... wait- WHAT?!?!

How many times have I sung that song in church~ hands held high~ telling Jesus that I surrender all?!?!? It is pretty amazing what I am truly saying, and then I think~

Do I really surrender all?

Me~ a borderline control freak~ can I really surrender ALL?

When I tell the Lord~ I surrender all~ I really do mean it, as hard as that is! But, I will admit to you, there are many times that I try it my way first... why can't I learn the first time that my way is NOT the best. There have been some very NOT SO FUN moments lately in my life that I have had no control over. Oh, believe me, I wanted to take control, but it was futile. Proverbs 3:5-6 says, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths." He has our best interests at heart. If that means that I have to go through some not so fun times to stay on His path for me, then I accept. Sometimes I get scared, but I realize that my hope is in Him and Him alone~ all these other things will fail me and fade away, but He is always there! Romans 15:13 says, “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
I encourage you, my friends, to surrender the things in your life that you really have no control over anyway. Trust in the Lord who loves you and wants amazing things for your life! I think that most people only quote Jeremiah 29:11, but there's so much more to it... starting from 11: "11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the LORD...
He wants to be found by us!!! Put your trust, put your "ALL" in the creator of this universe b/c He has grafted you in His MIGHTY hands!

1 comment:

Lora said...

Well written Heather. Yes it is 4:00 am and I have to accept I have no control. You know how it is at the end of pregnancy. You're just waiting and want to know when is this new little life coming. I lay awake with a foot in my rib (lol)thinking about what I need to do before this baby comes. The list is long as I lay sleepless in bed. In reality all the things I need to do will still be there after. I need to let it go...surrender. You have quoted some of my favorite verses. Thanks for being lead by the Lord and sharing.
Lora